Faulty wiring can cause loss to your homes and business, and most important can cause harm to your family and employees.
Listed are some suggestions to make your home and business electrically safe:
- Check all your outlets and switches. Look for cracked receptacles, black areas, warm or hot receptacles or loose wires.
- Child safety plugs should be used in unused sockets.
- Look for any exposed wires. Exposed wires can be extremely dangerous.
- Situations can be brought to your attention that don’t look right or may need upgrading for your safety.
- Attics and crawl space will be checked for loose, exposed wire, and exposed connections.
- All electrical connections should be contained within a junction box.
- Your electrical panel should be checked.
- Your system can be rejuvenated and all connections tightened.
- Your breakers should be working correctly.
- Check for arcing that can be caused by loose breakers.
- Check your bus bars for pitting. Pitting on the bus bar will cause weakening and is a serious problem.